General Dermatology Cliffside Park NJ
As a comprehensive dermatology center, Cliffside Skin & Laser offers a wide range of services. Skin conditions can be unsightly, uncomfortable, and in some cases incredibly dangerous to your health. Seeking professional treatment for these conditions can considerably improve your comfort and quality of life. Below are a few of the conditions and issues we are able to treat here at Cliffside Skin and Laser.
- Cysts are bumps that form under your skin that can be painless or be accompanied by a stinging sensation. These are caused by a pocket of skin collecting air, fluid, skin cells, pus, and bacteria. While it may be tempting to simply ‘pop’ these cysts, that will not solve the problem, as they must be surgically removed. This is a simple outpatient medical procedure that we can perform here in the office.
- Lipomas are generally harmless lumps formed by soft fatty tissue under the skin. These are usually painless, but many people prefer to have them removed due to an unsightly location. Lipoma removal is a simple outpatient procedure involving a small incision.
- Keloids are an overgrowth of scar tissue, which can occur anywhere you have a scar. The keloid generally begins forming in the first three months of the initial injury but may continue growing for years. The skin of the keloid will feel different than the surrounding skin, possibly soft or rubbery. While it is still growing, it may be sore or itchy, but that usually lets up once it stops growing. There are quite a few options when it comes to treating keloids, so speak with your dermatologist to discover your best route for treatment.
- Eczema and psoriasis are itchy, unsightly, and inconvenient. Eczema can be patchy and scaly and is often found in joints like elbows and knees, while psoriasis often involves flaking and inflamed white or red skin. Either of these can be treated with multiple approaches, so it is best to speak with a dermatologist about your options.
- Acne is often a problem during adolescence, but for many, it is an annoyance that continues into adulthood. In either case, severe acne can benefit from an evaluation by a dermatologist, who can help you learn to care for it properly or even prescribe treatments if necessary.
General Dermatology Near Me
If you suspect you may be dealing with one of these or any other medical dermatology issues, come speak with our experts at Cliffside Skin & Laser. We’ll be happy to do an evaluation to determine your diagnosis, then work with you to create a treatment plan to get you on the road to recovery.
Get started by scheduling a complimentary consultation with Cliffside Skin and Laser. Contact Cliffside online by filling out the form below. Or call (201) 298-3650 to schedule.